7/13/13

Chicken and Egg Bagel Burgers Recipe

Chicken and Egg Bagel Burgers, a perfectly seasoned chicken patty with an egg nested in the middle of it served on a toasted bagel, perfect for brunch or a light dinner
Hola Amigos! Happy Weekend! This is the perfect breakfast burger for a Sunday morning or a mid day brunch...and you know? why not...for those late evenings when you feel like having breakfast for dinner.
I think it's a great idea if you want to surprise your hungry kids with something different, they would enjoy it for sure, perhaps more than you because let's be honest it's a bit of a preparation, but so is that stack of fresh pancakes you always make them right?

I first found the inspiration for my recipe on Pinterest. They were meat burgers and not much detail was given. Since I wanted something light for breakfast I made them out of chicken and I'm sharing some tips with you if you want to make them with or without the egg.

Chicken and Egg Bagel Burgers
Chicken and Egg Bagel Burger, a perfectly seasoned chicken patty with an egg nested in the middle of it served in toasted bagel
1 Pound Fresh Ground Chicken
1 tsp minced onion
1 tsp garlic powder
salt
pepper
5 Eggs
1 Cup Flour
1 TBSP Paprika
1 TBSP Onion Powder
1 TBSP Garlic Powder
1/2 TBSP Chili Powder
Salt & Pepper
Bagel Rolls of your Preference 
Cheese (optional)
Season your chicken with minced onion, garlic powder salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper.
To make the burgers now,  make 5 large chicken balls, dip them in the flour mix and flatten them. Take a cup and cut a hole on each flatten burger make burger #5 with the left over "inner circles". Now you are left with 5 chicken rings ready to be fried. I recommend you do this on a non stick pan because otherwise your eggs will stick to the bottom and it will be a mess. Brown your rings both sides, Once this is done, add the egg. Cover it up so it is done to the way you like it!

Listo!
Sprinkle some cheese after you take them off the frying pan and put on your bagel
Chicken and Egg Bagel Burger, a perfectly seasoned chicken patty with an egg nested in the middle served on a toasted bagel
.
Enjoy! 
It makes 5 medium size chicken burgers. Serve with home fries and your favorite fruit.
Chicken and Egg Bagel Burger, perfectly good chicken patty with an egg nested inside served on toasted bagel

Like I mentioned before, it's a little bit of work involved but I think is the perfect dish when you want to say, because you are Special, because it's your Birthday or simply because I Love You!

The Chicken well cooked and seasoned goes awesome with my everything bagel! Maybe next time I'll even add turkey bacon!! Yum!

Thank you so much for sharing some time with me today! I hope you get the chance to prepare these burger for someone you care for and surprise them. Remember my friends, everything tastes better with a Pinch of Love!

Besitos,
Lizy

Asking Who came first the Chicken or the Egg at these Fabulous Parties:
Snippets of InspirationLife on Lakeshore DriveSpatulas on ParadeLiving Better TogetherDessert Now, Dinner LaterThe TablescaperTownsend Housetwelve o eightSerenity YouFrugal Foodie MammaUnder the Table and DreamingNavy Wifey PetersThe Tumbleweed ContessaThe Plaid and Paisley KitchenI Gotta Try ThatCupcake-n-BakeCozy Little HouseLove Grows WildFeeding BigA Pinch of JoyPint Sized BakerSugar Bee CraftsGolden ReflectionsWith a Blast,Thank You Honey , Ducks 'n a RowFluster BusterWhite Lights on WednesdayThe Shady PorchMom's Test KitchenMemories by the MileThe Pin JunkieThe Mandatory MoochSew Crafty AngelA Handful of EverythingSomewhat SimpleThe Charm of HomeCraftionaryJennifer RizzoSo Small Things with LoveCraftberry BushKitchen Fun with my 3 SonsMy Turn (for Us)The Best Blog RecipesThe Answer is ChocolateSimply DesigningThe Tumbleweed Contessa

19 comments:

  1. It is a perfect "I love you" brunch!! You put some great twists on it, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you use bagels for the bun. It would be great for brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this recipe! I can see making this with a variety of ground meats. Thanks for your details tutorial, it's very helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, that looks so good! I think, for us, we'd skip the egg though - everything else alone is a meal made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great recipe! I'm sure my better half will be pleased if I make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks wonderful Liz and a meal my husband would gladly eat very often. I like the use of ground chicken and would def. add the turkey bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so clever how you made the patty and cut out the center with a glass! A perfect brunch! I am pinning this to my breakfast board!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word - this sounds amazing! Pinning and can't wait to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun dinner idea! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #21!

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea! Thanks for linking up to Good Tastes Tuesday!
    Blessings, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks really yummy pinning it now to try for breakfast. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is interesting. I am going to have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM!! I want one right now, this looks so delish, I'm definitely making it!! Thank you for this recipe :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. So yummy, Lizy!I would love to have a burger like this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, I've never see it done w/ a burger before! genius! Pinned to my Saturday Dishes board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...thank you Paula..I have picky eaters of all ages so I need to get creative. Thank You so much for the pins!

      Delete