6/24/13

Salmon and Shrimp Burgers Recipe

Hola Amigos! Happy Monday. Summer is here to stay now! Yesterday we had a rather hot and humid 90 degree weather day. Ufff...it can't get a little too hot sometimes but it's all good because at night we had the most amazing Super Moon!!! Oh My Word!...what a beautiful sight it was! and if you allow me to say this, the first thought that crossed my mind was God is Good!
But back to our burger today, Grill Master " Big Boy" had friends over and he wanted to try something different for them, could you please get me some salmon burgers at the store? he said...so off the store I went, no pre made patties though, time to improvise with fresh wild caught salmon and why not...add some large raw shrimp into the mix. I've never done home made salmon burgers before and never for a hungry teen crowd, talk about pressure!!! There goes nothing, I said...and here are the results:

Salmon and Shrimp Hamburgers

1 1/2 Pounds Salmon, finely minced and skinned
12 oz Raw Large Shrimp, finely minced, save a couple for garnish
1 Cup Panko
1 TBSP Seafood Seasoning
1/3 Cup finely chopped trilogy (celery onion and bell peppers)
1tsps fresh grind ginger
1 clove garlic
salt and peper to taste (optional)
1 Large Egg beaten
1 tsps Lemon juice
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
Buns, lettuce, fixings of your preference (we prepared or "copy cat campfire mayo and our go to glaze) 
In a large bowl mix Minced Salmon, shrimp, panko, trilogy, ginger and garlic.Mix with your hands until all ingredients are fully combined. At this moment you may add salt of pepper if you choose to, I did not.
In a separate bowl, combine egg, soy sauce and lemon juice.
Add this mixture to the salmon and shrimp bowl, mix and at this point make your patties.
Oil your grill (very important), place your burgers and cook to desired doneness . 
As soon as your burgers are done, grill the saved shrimp for a couple of seconds and garnish each burger with one of them . 
Fix them to your liking 
Listo. 

I tell you friends I had to steal 2 burgers in order to take some pictures, because I think they were gone the minute they were out of the grill, teens can really devour food when they feel like it, lol

I figure either they were good or the kids were plain hungry!

But it turns out they were good! As a matter of fact, I even heard the "we gotta make these again"! Whoot Whoot! Victory!

I think I've a hit among the teen crowd and will keep them coming for more!
Not quite sure is a good idea for my wallet, but I love to see them happy and well fed as you can see they also ate all of their veggies without protesting!

The campfire sauce is so easy, just 1/2 cup Mayo, 3 TBSP  BBQ Sauce and  1 TBSP Relish, yumm!

Yes there is a bit more work involved than just buying the ready made patties, but I tell you is well worthy, fresher taste, quality ingredients and best of all a happy crowd.

Thank You for visiting today! I hope your summer is extra warm with the love of your family and friends gathered around every meal!
Remember my friends, everything tastes better with a Pinch of Love! 
Besitos,
Lizy

Sharing Grill Master Big Boy's newest creation at these Fabulous Parties:
Sara Howe
twelveOeight
Clairejustine oxox
Ms. enPlace
WCFS
Who Needs a Cape
4 You with Love
Sew Licious Home Decor
The Tumbleweed Contessa
Serenity You
Cheerios and Lattes
Whipperberry
Diana Rambles
Dear Creatives
My Romantic Home
Chic on a Shoestring
Simply Designing
The Best Blog Recipes
The Home Girl
504 Main
Love and Laundry
One Artsy Mama
The Pin Junkie
Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons
Walking on Sunshine
My Turn (for Us)
Living Better Together
Sparkles and a Stove
Consider Me Inspired
The Mandatory Mooch
Easy Life Meal and Planning
Food Done Light
No Minimalist Here
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Sew Crafty Angel
Real Coake.com
Life with the Crust Cut Off
The Shady Porch
Dragonfly Designs
Ginger Snap Crafts
Ducks 'n a Row
Marty's Musings
Fluster Buster
Savvy Southern Style
Love Bakes Good Cakes
Shaffer Sisters
Memories by the Mile
Rate The Plate Utah
Nap Time Creations
Pint Sized Baker
Sugar Bee Crafts
Our Home Away from Home
The Tumbleweed Contessa
Mom's Test Kitchen
Clean and Scentsible
Titi Crafty
Under the Table and Dreaming
Between Naps on the Porch
Do Small Things with Love

30 comments:

  1. Two of my favorite foods, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like photos someone would put in a menu. Just gorgeous, like always!!! I am scared for the day when we meet. You cannot feed the people in my family or they may not want to come back home with me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! This looks so delicious, your pictures make my mouth water. I pinned it and shared it on facebook. Thank you for sharing on Tuesday Trivia.
    Have a lovely day.
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Wanda Ann! always a pleasure to be part of your party!

      Delete
  4. That looks so good, I usually fry my salmon patty's now I will have to grill them. I would love to know how you make your campfire mayo.
    Thank you so much for sharing on BBQ Block Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shawna, the campfire sauce is super easy, 1/2 cup mayo. 3 TBSP BBQ sauce and 1 TBSP Relixh! hope that helps love! Love the Block party!

      Delete
  5. wowowowowow - these look delicious, will definitely have to try before the end of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great!!! they are pretty tasty! Thank you so much for stopping by, please do give them a try!

      Delete
  6. HOLY moly girl that looks freaking amazing! The garlic makes me mouth water just thinking about it! And that bread ... oh man I'm backing away now carb overload ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome idea! My man isn't a fan of hamburgers (some days I'm not sure why they let him become an American citizen...), but i'll have to bring this one up to him! This isn't even in the same league as the salmon croquets my grandmother used to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!! These looks so incredibly delish! Salmon and shrimp..mmmmmmm I'm hosting a "Get Your Grill On" link party and spice giveaway and I'd love for you to stop by and link up!

    http://www.4you-withlove.com/2013/06/party-thyme-get-your-grill-on-link.html

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you Marilyn! Life can't get any better than salmon and shrimp right? Thank you so much for the invite! I'll certainly stop by!

      Delete
  9. I'm coming to your house for dinner! It looks delicious with the sauce too! I absolutely love shrimp.Thanks for sharing with All Things Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great alternative to beef burgers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very light and perfect for summer Diane! Thank You so much for your kind comment!

      Delete
  11. This looks so good! I am liking the campfire sauce. Looks like it can go on multiple things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes the campfire sauce is one of my son's favorites! and it's so versatile, it goes great with fries as well! Thank You for visiting!

      Delete
  12. Yummy this burger sound so delicious!!! Definitely this recipe is a keeper. Stopping by from FFF:) Love your blog design╰⊰✿

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking to What'd You Do This Weekend? This is perfect for our Burger Bash. June 29 - July 3 we're hosting to get ready for the grilling on the 4th. Come on over with this.

    Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda @ Tumbleweed Contessa

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband would LOVE this!!! I’d love it if you linked it up to our new link party we have going on…Random Recipe Roundup! http://sarahowe.blogspot.com/2013/06/random-recipe-roundup.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum - love the mix of salmon and shrimp in your burger. It looks so moist and delicious. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures. This recipe will be a feature on Thursdays Treasures this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow Christie...that is so cool! Thank You, will be waiting forthe post anxiously!

      Delete
  16. Love your recipes! Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy! I love the combo of Salmon and Shrimp - it's so good!

    Thanks for linking up to Super Sunday at Who Needs a Cape - see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love this burger every time I see it! Thanks for sharing at Party Thyme. This recipe has been pinned to my Party Thyme features board

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've succeeded in making me want burgers. Love the shrimp on top. Thank you for stopping by. Hope to see you back again on Sunday.
    Michelle @Ms. enPlace

    ReplyDelete
  20. This salmon shrimp burger sounds so delicious! I wish I had it for lunch fight now :)

    ReplyDelete