1/25/13

Kielbasa on Beer and Fresh Apples Sauce

Rapidito en Viernes=Quicky Friday

Hola Amigos! Up here in Michigan we are getting hit with the low temperatures of the Arctic Blast! and according the the weatherman the situation is not abut to change any time soon....sigh , Cold weather screams to me Electric Blanket and Comfort Food!


This particular dish will bring comfort to all, but especially to the guy in your life. I know the key to my hubs heart is anything with either bacon or sausage and yes...Beer! So I think a have a winner here:
Lets get on with the recipe!


Kielbasa on Beer and Fresh Apples Sauce


1 pd. Fresh Kielbasa links
1/2 pd Smoked Kielbasa 
1 Belgian Style Wheat Beer 
2 apples (green and red)
1/2 cup apple juice (optional)
1 onion
nutmeg
a pinch of lemon zest
1 Tablespoon Red Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Honey 
Pepper to taste


In a frying pan, saute the fresh kielbasa until firm enough to slice in even pieces. Also chopped the smoked kielbasa in pieces. Once these sliced place them both back on the frying pan,  medium heat. Brown and add half the bottle of beer. Cook until most the beer has evaporated stirring often. Set aside 
In the same frying pan, add chopped apples, nutmeg and onions. Cook until apples are tender. 
Bring the browned kielbasa into the apple and onion mix. Add the rest of the beer, 1.2 cup apple juice (optional),  red vinegar, honey, lemon  zest and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes until the sauce is slightly thicken. Will serve 4

Listo,


I love cooking with beer, it brings certain aroma to the food without the overpowering taste.


But I think my hubs loves it even more because he gets to enjoy his meal with a cold one too!


Hope you liked this weekend's recipe...remember everything tastes better with a Pinch Of Love!
Besitos,

5 comments:

  1. Yep, my hubby would love this recipe. We could use something different when it comes to kielbasa, seems like we serve it the same way 9 times out of 10. Thanks for the share, and stay warm (we're in the MI weather too, yuk!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup...I hear you, yesterday was another lovely afternoon of shoveling snow and chapped lips!!...You got to love Michigan! lol..thanks for stopping by! My hubs loved this one...I don't know if it was the beer or the sausage :0)

      Delete
  2. Hi Lizbeth, I so enjoy this recipe and am glad I can now come here often and cook up a storm...all the recipes are really taste tempting. I will make this for sure! Thanks for letting me know about your blog! I will be visiting alot! Thanks for becoming my new follower! XoXo Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe would not last in my house, especially on a Sunday during football season. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.
    Your co host from Nosh My Way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marlene! Thanks! I think is the perfect combination for Football season..beer, sausage and sports..guys are in heaven! lol..Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete